05 March 2008

From the Mountain to the Shore


What day is today? Wednesday, I think. Monday, I went back up the mountain but went all the way to Chapman's Peak (8 m to 305 m). The last half mile up was really difficult but I'm really glad I did it.

Tuesday, I didn't run. We were changing locations and I didn't want to have to deal with wet stuff. Plus, after having run Chapman's Peak Rd on Sat and Mon and a shorter run on Sun, I thought I needed a break. It was actually a good decision because the wind was really, really strong all day long.

This morning, I woke up in St. James -- just north of Kalk Bay and just south of Muizenberg -- (as if that's of help to anyone) and, yes, that's where I went to sleep. :) It was a gorgeous morning. A bit warm for my tastes but with a nice ocean breeze blowing. I decided to run about an hour to get a bit more distance. My legs were dead but it was really good to run along the coast. There's an electric train that runs right on the shoreline and decent enough sidewalks about 6' up the hill from the tracks. So, a pretty good place to run. Ended up running 8.1 miles, 1:05:24 -- 8:02 mpm pace -- I turned around at the northern edge of Simon's Town. Click here for my route -- it isn't as spectacular as Chapman's Peak but still a pretty run. Coordinates, if you want to look on Google Earth, are:

34°08'02.63"S
18°26'15.68"E

Run well, y'all,
Bob

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Very nice, I hope the rest of your trip is going well too.

Be safe!