25 April 2009

Who Turned Up the Heat!?

Summer -- go away ... NOW! Aihhh! This morning summer descended. OK, I realize that 67° is tolerable ... when you've had the chance to acclimate and when it wasn't 48° two days ago and 40° yesterday. Drew and I headed out at 6:00am to do 13.1. We wimped out and cut just under 2 miles out. I ended up doing 11.4 miles at an 8:36 mpm pace. It was tough but doable but I oh, so prefer 35°-55° for running.

This weekend, our church is celebrating its 20th anniversary. They decided to do a Gayton Gives Back event and do community service from 9-12. So, I finished my run, took a (relatively) quick shower, wolfed down breakfast and then pulled wire grass out of flower beds at an assisted living center for about 2.5 hours. Then, home for lunch and out to cut our yard full of weeds grass. Now I'm drinking a mug of chai, reading blogs, talking with my wife and daughter, and watching the Food Network. Heading back to the church in about 30 minutes for a BBQ dinner.

I think I'll sleep well tonight!

Run well, y'all,
Bob

3 comments:

david said...

Summer has descended on Nashville too. Ran a half this morning and was VERY glad I was not doing the full. It was in the upper 80s.

Michelle said...

My goodness I am tired just reading all you have done!! Did you indeed sleep well?

I did!!

Bob A said...

I slept well while I slept but I did wake up early Sunday morning. Since I was up and had plenty of time before heading to church, I went on a rare Sunday run. That was nice because I had time to just run wherever I wanted.