07 April 2009

Now That's What I'm Talking About!

The run, that is!

The endorphins and anandamides really kicked in today during our group run. Well, OK, that's probably not true because most studies that have found evidence for the phenomenon of a runner's high have said that it occurs after 80-90 minutes of running at a moderately hard pace -- faster than an easy run, but slower than race pace. But whatever it was this morning was definitely good. It was some combination of weather (42°, 40% humidity), faster-than-normal pace (average of 7:59 mpm), good conversation, running just for fun and not training for anything in particular, etc. We got to 3 miles and I just couldn't believe we had gone that far and that the time had passed so quickly -- I was sure that someone had plotted the route wrong and that there was no way we were going to have done 5 miles by the end. We missed a turn on a very familiar route. One of our group didn't even know we had made another turn. I, at least, felt like I could keep on running forever.

It's days like today that remind me why I love to run.

Today: 6.2 miles in 49:52 (7:59 mpm).

Run well, y'all,
Bob

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wonderful running!

I love it and I love reading about it!!