05 February 2011

Where's the Oxygen?

I'm in a meeting at the Brackenhurst Conference Centre in Tigoni, Kenya - the altitude where my room is located is 7224' above sea level. We lived in this area for about 15 years. It's about 1800' higher than where we currently live, Nairobi.

This morning I headed out and ran 3.43 miles at a pace of 9:58 mpm. Where is the oxygen? I think someone just sucked it out of the air. And the hills are certainly worse than the ones I run in Nairobi.

But, let me tell you, this is a beautiful place to run! I could see the lights of Nairobi when I left. The sunrise was beautiful.



Run well, y'all,
Bob

1 comment:

Paul Merrill said...

Jealousy sets in, Bob.

I will always remember that chai with a layer of fat on top. And the last time we were there, the coffee shop amazed us - not too much different from Starbucks (or Java House)!