13 March 2009

Last Treadmill Run ... Maybe

The weather prediction was for rain and wintry mix this morning. Sure enough, when I got up at 5 AM, it was raining. Too cold for running in the rain so I headed to the YMCA. We're ending our membership in anticipation of moving back overseas in the late summer -- plus, we almost never use the Y anymore. So, this was probably my last treadmill run for awhile. That's no great loss except for days like today when I want/need to run but am not willing to do so outside -- and it has to be nasty for that to happen.

I was bummed when I left the Y, though, because it was snowing. I would have loved to run in the snow! But, even if I had known it was really going to snow, I could not have waited. I ran 4.55 miles and did some treadmill fartleks, bumping the speed up to 8mph several times -- the variety makes the treadmill less tedious.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

paulmerrill said...

So, overseas again?

I assume you'll keep us posted. Blessings as you do all the millions of preparations that are needed.

Being Robinson said...

thanks for checking out my blog and commenting! well now that the governor of kansas has some weight in the whitehouse i think we have a chance of getting that tax write off. i'm on it! ;) you have a great blog!