14 March 2009

Good Morning for a Run

We were traveling from Virginia to South Carolina today, so I got up
earlier enough to get a run in before driving 7 hours. I was a bit
apprehensive because the weather report called for rain all day long.
But, I hit the sweet spot -- out the door at about 6:40 and did 8.2
miles at a 7:59 mpm pace (Sweet!). Nary a drop of rain until after I
finished -- but it rained almost the whole trip.

Instead of taking our usual route (I-95 to I-85), we headed west on
360 and then took 29 down to Greensboro (not exact directions -- don't
try to follow those). It was great. We did the trip in 6 hours 37
minutes and the best I've ever done on the interstate highways was
about 6 hours 30 minutes and the other route was a whole lot more
interesting.

I'm in Greenville, SC for the next 5 days. That means running some
pretty nasty hills.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

Mark said...

That's a great run!! Enjoy the hills

Bill Carter said...

Beautiful place Bob. Hope you enjoy it and have some great runs.