27 November 2009

Exercise Prepares Our Bodies for Stressful Situations, Study Indicates - Mind Hacks - Lifehacker

Interesting. We runners knew this, naturally. After a long run, we're so stress-free that nothing fazes us except having to move out of the recliner.

Of course, one logical conclusion from this study would be that running only makes you calmer when you get dunked in cold water -- if, that is, you're a running rat.

Exercise Prepares Our Bodies for Stressful Situations, Study Indicates - Mind Hacks - Lifehacker

I'm taking a few days off from running -- 8-10 days. I have some fairly minor aches and pains and just don't have the want to that I've had. This will be the first planned break in 6.5 years.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow I hope your ok!!! A break is good sometimes, makes you come back stronger and then the want will be there!!!!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving bro!!!

Bob A said...

I'm fine, just want to stay that way. That's my hope, too -- to come back stronger.