02 February 2009

Tempo Run

Today's run was a tempo run -- I had planned to do this on Tuesday but there is rain and freezing stuff predicted and I didn't want to miss the speedwork this week. The goal was 1 mile warm-up, 3 miles @ 7:26 mpm, and 1 mile cool down. I did it but wow! I had a cold last week and that's really sapped me. Here are the splits:
TEMPO SPLITS:
1.00 x 8:40.95 (warm-up)
1.00 x 7:28.46
1.00 x 7:21.32
1.00 x 7:15.26
1.26 x 11:25.64 (cool down)
To meet my goal time for the Ukrop's 10K, I have to maintain the pace of my 3rd tempo mile for the full race. I'm glad I still have 8 weeks to go -- even then it will be tough.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job on the run :) glad you're feeling better.

der5er said...

Good job! I wish I could run my splits as consistently as you are. I have trouble keeping myself paced when I get much faster than 8:40.

Do you listen to music or anything when you run?

Bob A said...

Thanks. I really don't know how I stay that close. It doesn't always happen. But, no, I don't listen to music -- I run on the roads and don't think music's safe for me. I basically run by effort and figure if each mile feels progressively suicidal, then I'm probably about right. I only check my watch at the 1 mile points. I have done the tempo runs enough so that I have a pretty good feel for the first fast mile and then do my best to stick close to that.

Mark said...

Solid effort man!