03 February 2009

Snowfall

Well, Richmond is not a winter wonderland, if you define that as a place that has lots of snow. So, it doesn't take a whole lot of the white stuff to get me excited.

The prediction had been for snow but I really expected rain. So, when I got up and heard the sound of water falling, I got mentally ready to to to the YMCA and hit the treadmill. Grabbed my driving license and keys, opened the door, and was quite surprised to see the grass, steps, vehicles covered (albeit ever so lightly) in white stuff ... and more of it coming down with no rain mixed in. (The temperature was 33° so what I had heard earlier was melting snow falling off the trees.) Snow! Turned around, put the keys and license on the end table, grabbed my blinking light, head lamp, and gloves and headed out for a run in the falling snow.

Met up with couple of guys from our informal running group. They were running roughly the same route I had planned to run, so we stayed together and had a great run of 5.3 miles. (Thanks Drew and Owen.)

Run well, y'all,
Bob

5 comments:

paulmerrill said...

So much better to run outside than on a treadmill, I'm sure!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job running in the snow! now you can relate to my last 3+ months of running! LOL

Mark said...

Sounds like a great time! That's the best snow, when it doesn't stick around

Michelle said...

I love running in the snow!!!!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Bob

We have had incredible amounts of the white stuff this year and it is the worst thing.

Hang in there.