31 December 2008

It Was a Good Year -- 2008

(Picture: From Chapman's Peak looking back down the road)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Closing Out 2008

This is my running summary for the year. It's more for my benefit but perhaps it will be of interest to someone else :) I think the most enjoyable part of running this year has been the group runs on Wednesdays and Saturdays from John Rolfe Commons. I've enjoyed getting to know a number of folks who live in Short Pump -- thanks, guys and gals -- you've made my last year in Richmond memorable.

Number of runs: 232

WARM-UP WALKING AND RUNNING:
Distance: 1569.33 miles
Average distance: 6.76
Total time (hh:mm:ss): 219:27:52.92
Average MPM (mm:ss): 8:23.45

RUNNING ONLY:
Distance: 1536.7307 miles
Average distance: 6.624
Total time (hh:mm:ss): 212:05:56.4
Average MPM (mm:ss): 8:16:52.32

Shoes: 2 pair Etonic Jepara SC, 1 pair Etonic Jepara SC 2 (current)
States: VA, NC, SC, GA, TX, FL, MA
Countries: South Africa, Kenya
Longest Run: 14.9 miles, Richmond, VA training run
Fastest Run: Richmond, VA, 15-Mar-08, 6.2137 miles@7:19.19 mpm
Fastest Mile: Richmond, VA 21-May-08, 1 mile@6:45.44 mpm (4th mile of 5.26 mile tempo)
Favourite Run: Chapman's Peak, Nordhoek, South Africa
Most Exotic Run: Chapman's Peak, Nordhoek, South Africa
Most Fun Run: Hmmmm. Not sure -- maybe one of the group training runs
Worst/Hardest Run: Maymont X-Terra Half Marathon -- I didn't drink enough early enough

RACES:
Ashland 10K Railroad Run, 15-Mar-08, 45:29
Ukrop's 10K (Richmond), 5-Apr-08, 45:43
Patrick Henry Half Marathon (Ashland), 23-Aug-08, 1:53:10
Maymont X-Terra Half Marathon (Richmond), 27-Sep-08, 2:01:25

Run well, y'all,
Bob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob!

Pretty good year! I wanted to say hi! I like your comments on Diet-Blog. I think you can relate to at least a couple of things about me.

My family lives in Richmond! Short Pump area.

I have been running for years. I run just about every day. Now I do 7 a day, but have varied from 5-20 a day over the years.

"Loving" is a relative term :-)

Bob A said...

Dr. J -- Another Short Pumper! We've only lived here about 3 1/2 years and will move again in another 6-8 months. One of the really nice things about living here is the relative ease of running -- wide roads/streets, generally courteous drivers.

There are certainly days when I don't like running but overall I really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've done a great job with this.
Also, the blog loads super quick for me on Opera. Excellent Blog!


Here is my web page michael kors bag