03 January 2007

Starting Spiritual Conversations, Part 2

I wanted to do a brief follow-up on my post of 2-Dec. We did invite our closest neighbors to our house for some "getting-to-know-you" time and a time to share the story of the birth of Jesus using candles. Unfortunately, only one couple came. Well, I say "unfortunately", but I shouldn't say that because I don't, yet, know what God had in mind.

Even though there were only 5 of us, this couple readily agreed for us to go ahead with our plans. We didn't want to embarrass them because there were so few of us and telling the story this way entails singing Christmas carols -- some folks just don't like to sing (imagine?). Anyway, it went well. It is our prayer that this will open the door to further conversations about Christ and spiritual things.

Bob

No comments: