09 January 2010

Follow the Footprints

Living in another culture can be so interesting. Just before Christmas our daughter came home to spend Christmas with us in Kenya. I was in the US for a meeting when she arrived and before I returned, my wife and Stacey drove to the Kenya coast to visit some friends before we took a few days of vacation on the Indian Ocean coast. When I returned, I flew to Mombasa to meet up with them.

When I arrived at the Mombasa airport (Moi International Airport), we deplaned on the tarmac. As we headed to the terminal, the airport employee who was directing us told us to just follow the footprints and we would get to the right place. Sure enough....It was funny but effective.

Hmmmm. Life lesson here. If you follow the right footprints, you end up in the right place. Whose footprints are you following? (Joshua 24:15)

Run well, y'all,
Bob

3 comments:

paulmerrill said...

Great parable! And also an illustration of the importance of effective communication in a country where the literacy rates may not be super high.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual. Good reminder . . . I aim to follow Christ and must not get distracted!

Bob A said...

I thought it was a great visual both for communication and for the spiritual reminder.