01 October 2010

Turn the Corner

At least in my experience, the phrase turn the corner is used when one has been through difficult circumstances but has come to the end of the difficulties and things have improved. Well, turning the corner was a good thing during my run this morning.

I did the same run in Colorado Springs that I had done on Sunday -- a relatively easy 0.8 mile start, then 1.8 miles that went up 300 feet (starting at 6453' above sea level). The uphill ended at a corner (Chapel Hills and Research) and when I literally turned the corner, the next 1.8 miles was all downhill and the last 0.2 miles was only a very slight upward incline. Turning the corner today was actually fun!

Stats for the day:

  • 41° F
  • 65% humidity
  • 4.65 miles
  • 9:36 mpm pace
Have you had a turn the corner running experience?

Run well, y'all,
Bob

6 comments:

Mark said...

Well done, Bob!

chris mcpeake said...

Nicely done, way to go

Unknown said...

Bob,
I'm off on an adventure. I've been riding my bike for exercise the past 2 years. It has always been casual just good exercise. I decided to try to up the game. I made a plan to workout all summer, increasing milage and hours and finish in October with a ride around Lake Tahoe. The trip is 72 miles at 6000 ft.
Since we are going the coast for second week of vacation I made a change and decided instead to ride my bike from home in Grass Valley, to the coast at Fort Bragg. So, I'm off in about 15 minutes. The scary part is I woke up this morning with a new forecast predicting rain along the route this week. I've not done any riding in the rain, so we will see what happens with that. Enjoy your blog, Keith

Bob A said...

Thanks, Mark, Chris, and Keith for looking at the blog.

Keith, you had told me you were riding now. I hope the ride to Ft Bragg goes well. I suppose biking in the rain would be a bit more risky than running since wet brakes might not stop you as well as wet running shoes would. :-D But, depending on the temperature and the severity of the rain, I don't mind running in the rain but just don't like to start running when it's raining.

I'm about to head to the gate for my flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg. That will be a long flight but I'll be glad to be back on the continent.

saucony said...

Your blog is really interesting and inspiring. keep it up.
Happy trails!

Bob A said...

Thanks, Saucony. I wrote another post today. I'm heading over to your Blogger account now.