10 May 2009

Best Excuse Not to Run in the Morning...

...and the funniest comment I've read on a blog in awhile.

From Vanilla, at Half Fast:
Lately I’ve been getting to the office a lot earlier (so much for banker’s hours) and I frequently work from an office that is much farther from my house which means that if I wanted to get in a short [morning] run at my lumbering pace I’d need to wake up somewhere around 4am and as I’m sure you’re all painfully aware there is no such thing as 4am. So essentially it’s not even physically possible for me to run in the mornings anymore.
I'm still going to do my runs in the early mornings -- well, whenever my hamstring will let me run -- but if I even need a good excuse, thanks, Vanilla, for providing the perfect excuse!

As for me, I'm pretty frustrated. When I got up yesterday, my hamstring felt great. I headed out to go meet my group -- I do my warm-up in the .62 miles from the house to our meeting place -- and it felt a little sore but no problems. We headed out at an easy pace and no problems. But, we hit a flat spot and all of a sudden I had problems. It actually stopped me for a few seconds. I was able to complete 6.7 miles at an 8:30 mpm pace but was hurting from about mile 2.25 or so. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow. :(

Run well, y'all,
Bob

4 comments:

Ian said...

I may not be the fastest runner or the most experienced runner, but the one thing that I do well is make excuses.

paulmerrill said...

Hang in there, Bob. May God bring healing so that you can continue running. I know God gave you the love for that sport, as it allows you to keep that temple in good condition.

Michelle said...

Bob I think you know you should not be running in PAIN!!!! RIGHT??

Now its time to listen to me!! What happened at the doc?

Bob A said...

Thanks, Paul. I do love to run and knowing I can't (or can't do it comfortably) is driving me nuts.

Yes, Michelle ... I do. The problem has been that it wasn't hurting when I started. By the time it hurt, I was a long way from home.

I have an appointment at the doc's tomorrow at 1:00. She's a marathoner and triathlon so she will be sympathetic ... well, at least she'll understand the desire to run.