20 May 2008

Tag -- I'm It

My virtual friend, Paul Merrill, has tagged me asking what impossible dream I have. I have spent long, tortuous hours given it some thought off and on. Like Paul, I have lofty desires -- ending poverty would be great; seeing Christ reign in every heart; simple decency in politics, on TV/radio, between neighbors. But, like Paul, I'll be a bit more mundane. I'd like to run a half marathon with Ryan Hall, with his fluidity, and at his speed (less than an hour).

Now to pass on the favor: I'm tagging Non-Runner Nancy and my college friend, David H -- tell us your impossible dream.

BTW -- a nice run this morning. It started gently raining about halfway through a 5.9 miler and with the temperature at about 55°, it felt good. I did the run in 46:34.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

3 comments:

dabigleap said...

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the comment. I think you are right about running with a group. I think it also gives me a measure of how I'm running that day (did the same guy pass me or did I pass him today...?) that I just can't get on my own. It's been one of the biggest positives I've added to my running!

paulmerrill said...

Thanks for accepting the tag!

May God let you run with Ryan someday...

Bob A said...

Thanks, Paul, for the prayer but ... remember, this was to be an impossible dream. The impossible parts of my dream are running with his fluidity and even more at his speed. Ryan runs a half marathon at less than 5 minutes per mile. My best single mile as a teenager was about 5:07 -- now, at 54, 6:44.