04 December 2009

Stinky Shoes

Ashland Dave talked about stinky shoes in his podcast of 26 September 2009 -- it was somewhere in the first 15 minutes of the podcast:

Running in the Center of the Universe

Stinky shoes are a real problem for me. I am a profuse sweater, so my shoes are always pretty soggy when I finish a run. They are relegated to a place on the porch when I finish running. They do all right until...

...until I run in the rain. For some reason, that seems to push them over the edge. Even though I take out the insoles and stuff the shoes with newspaper to get them to dry, getting them soaked that way seems to bring out the smell and make it permanent. I can wash them and, while it helps, they still stink. I've tried to spray them with Fabreeze and that works until I run again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Until I find a solution, though, Shoes, you stay outside!

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

Christina said...

Bob! I feel like we are already friends. I too listen to Running in the Center of the Universe and just listened to Dave's review of Stuffits and he mentioned you in the mailbag section of the show. You should try the stuffits since Dave is now a convert to them. I just did a review of his podcast if you'd like to check it out. http://lazybonesrunning.blogspot.com/2009/12/pod-cast-review-running-in-center-of.html

Anonymous said...

sitemap
UGG Classic Cardy Boots
Ugg Infant Erin Boots
UGG Nightfall Boots
UGG Tasmina Braid Sandals
Ugg Bailey Button Boots
UGG Classic Mini Boots
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
UGG Tasmina Sandals
Ugg Short Metallic Boots
UGG Ultra Tall boots
UGG Tall Metallic Boots
Ugg Sundance II Boots
Ugg Classic Tall Boots
Ugg Classic Short Boots
UGG Amelie Suede Sandals