12 October 2007

Here's What Will Hurt After a Long Race


Perry Romanowski is a joggler -- juggles and runs at the same time. He just joggled the Chicago Marathon (3:59:00). His post today on "7 Pains to Expect After Running a Marathon" is a good head's up for those who've never run a long race. After the Maymont Half-Marathon a couple of weeks ago, I experienced the headache (dull ache, sorta' all over) and muscle soreness (hip adductors and gluteus maximus). The headache was gone the next day and the muscle soreness lasted 3-4 days.

Perry's blog is a good one to read.

If you're a new runner, the blog Notes of a Non-Runner will help you stay motivated. Nancy is training for her first marathon and has a great attitude. It's an encouraging read.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your new profile pic? I didn't take that one...it's GREAT! :)

Bob A said...

It came from the race photographer. The whole set is here:

http://www.brightroom.com/go.asp?23623572

But, I just read the "User agreement" and I think I'm not allowed to use it. So, "kwa heri" to this photo. :(

Nancy said...

Thanks for the shout out!! I am trying to keep myself motivated so I can use all the help I can get from friendly bloggers.

I'm running my first HM next weekend and I am starting to get really nervous.

Anonymous said...

Great post and two great link outs! I am a huge fan of Nancy's as well!