14 October 2006

Long Saturday Run

Oh, it was COLD this morning! I slept in a bit and didn't leave until 7:30 but it was 33º and about 85% humidity -- it was only 35º when I finished at 8:40. First time in the season to wear a sweatshirt and gloves. While I most definitely prefer 33º to 75º, my favourite running temperatures are 45-55º.

I decided to run a little longer today -- no particular reason, just to do it. And, then, I went even longer than planned. It turned out to be my longest run in a year -- almost 8.6 miles. It's satisfying but it wore me out. Even in cold weather, I learned today that I need to rehydrate well after that much running. I didn't and really felt it around midday.

I need new shoes. My Brooks Adrenaline ASR's still have a couple hundred miles left in them but they are for cold weather -- too warm for anything above about 45º. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6's have 410 miles on them and my knee is telling me the cushioning is compacted. Because I can only get about 400 miles out of the GTS 6's, I considered looking for a different brand/style. But, except for the wear, the Brooks have worked for me, so maybe I'll just be conservative and stick with them.

Run well and stay warm,
Bob

No comments: