13 January 2011

Thursday Run -- 4th Consecutive Day

My original plan for the week was to run Mon-Wed, rest today, then run Fri-Sat. Then, I found out that we have to meet someone at the airport for a 9:30PM arrival -- that means we won't likely get home until 11:00Pm and I'm unlikely to get to bed before midnight. That made a 6:00AM run on Friday less than optimal. So, I ran this morning.

I wasn't a really good run. It seemed harder even than other runs this week. However, at the end, my pace was faster and heartrate lower than yesterday. Of course, it was also a mile shorter than yesterday. :-D

Because of guests, I've given up the bathroom that I normally use so haven't had access to my scales for almost a week. I finally remembered to move them. Stepped on the scales this morning with great expectations that I would see some progress. Well, if moving higher is progress, then I made progress -- it's just not in the direction I'd hoped. I've never had particular trouble losing weight until the past 6 months. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an unexpected result of a medication I'm taking -- and the stubborn extra pounds could well be the reason my pace has been so disappointing. We'll see.

If you're interested, here's the Forerunner report for today:



Run well, y'all,
Bob

No comments: