Thursday, September 9, 2010

How to Run Really Fast

According to this page, Run Faster -- How to Run Faster, I could run a 0:59.0 half marathon if I weighed 54#. Hmmmm. Maybe I need to give up my dream of beating Ryan Hall. Whadda' ya' think?

Well, OK, I guess I haven't fulfilled the promise of the post title. I think the secrets to running really fast are: genetics, hard work, tough mental state, and did I say hard work? I think I'll set more realistic goals, like getting to an appropriate BMI weight and running 10KM without feeling totally exhausted.

This morning's run was awful -- only 2 things good about it -- the temperature was 53° and I actually ran. Otherwise, 4.36 miles at an abysmal pace of 9:55 mpm. It didn't feel that hard but the numbers don't seem to be lying. Oh well, a day with a bad run is better than a day without running. (That is true, isn't it?)

Run well, y'all,
Bob
Post a Comment