15 November 2009

For the West End (Richmond) Runners

This post is dedicated to my friends and running pals who ran the Suntrust Richmond Marathon and the McDonalds Half Marathon yesterday. You are my heroes -- I saw some good times in the results. Maybe these thoughts from Meb will resonate with you:



(Stolen from Half Fast who stole it from Running is Funny who stole it from ...?)

The words for the week are: rest, recover, refuel. Then enjoy running.

I got in my longest run to date in Kenya -- headed out after our worship service for a slow (relative, I know) 6.38 miles in 58:21. With the altitude and the hills, I figure that ain't too bad.

Run well, y'all,
Bob A

3 comments:

GISrunner said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I really enjoy Ashland Dave's podcast as it's so much fun to hear him speak of places that I know & love such as the OBX. I read a few of your posts on your blog tonight & will now add you to my reader. At least I can tell my husband now that I'm reading an international blogger along with all of the others!

I agree completely about the connection running blogs offer ... it's nice knowing that there are others out there like me who are newbies still struggling to find the motivation & will to integrate running into their lives. It's also inspiring to read the words of those running bloggers who are successful & prove that it can be done.

Thanks again ... I especially like the scripture from Isaiah.

Bob A said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, the Isaiah passage is one of my favourites.

SeaBreeze said...

Thanks for the link. I missed the episode, but it was worth checking out.