16 October 2009

Running on a Lavender Carpet

Jacaranda trees are not native to Kenya -- they originated in South America -- but this time of year they bloom all over Nairobi and their blooming signals the start of the short rainy season. They have been planted all over Nairobi and are beautiful. One of the unique things about the Jacarandas is that they flowers fall while still lavender-blue and gives the impression of a lavender carpet on roads and walkways. So, the last few days, my runs have been on lavender carpets. Cool!

I'm still getting used to the altitude and hills of Nairobi -- it's getting better. It was raining pretty hard this morning so I didn't run. Yesterday, though, I ran 5.2 miles at a pace of about 8:44 mpm.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

Mark said...

Looks like an awesome place to be running. Hope and pray all is going well for you and your family.

Bob A said...

It is an interesting -- perhaps awesome -- place to run. We are doing well. Our household is just my wife and me. Our "kids" are adults and in the US. But, we're doing well and so glad to be back in Kenya.