28 August 2009

Healthy (?) Eating at KFC

Cutting back on carbs and going high-fat and high-protein? Well, here's KFC to the rescue -- that is, if you live in Nebraska and Rhode Islad:



Whew! Not for me. Give me smart carbs (low glycemic), something low in saturated fat (maybe some good ole omega-3's), baked or broiled chicken, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and I'm a happy camper. Haven't had KFC in a very long time and the Double Down does NOT tempt me to change that.

Why, or why, is running so difficult these days? Since dealing with a hamstring strain in mid-April, my times have just gone to pot. Pre-hamstring trouble, 5-8 miles at a pace of 8:15 mpm was pretty easy. Now, 8:30 seems hard. This morning, for instance, I did 6.1 miles at 8:55 mpm and was just dragging. I don't know if it's just a plateau or what. Maybe it's the 10 pounds I could stand to lose? (Another great reason to stay away from the Double Down.)

Run well, y'all,
Bob

1 comment:

Mark said...

Stay the course, brother, it'll come back to you!