20 September 2008

Great Run!

It's been a long time since I posted anything about running. Mostly, it's because I've been really bummed about running lately. I've felt like I was regressing -- every run, even the short ones, seemed hard. Well, today was different -- a total of 14.4 miles (3 segments of 0.67, 8.13, and 5.6 miles) at an average pace of 8:07 mpm. I was with a group of 4 for the 8.13 miles segment and we did the 8th mile at about 7:12 -- the one with the Garmin said we hit <6:45 at one point. YES!!

Next Saturday, I'm running the Maymont X-Terra Half Marathon and today's run was a real mental boost for me.

Of course, the weather probably had something to do with the run. It was 50° when we headed out and had hit a blazing 58° when I finished. What a relief after the summer weather. Predictions are a mid-50's start for next Saturday.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

1 comment:

paulmerrill said...

Bob, good on you.

I wish I could run, but my ankles can't take it. I cycle instead.

Praise God for triumphs, sometimes!