14 June 2008

Dogwood Dell Run


Today's 9-and-change was so much better than last week's 10 miler. The difference? I think it was the lower humidity -- rather than 86%, it was 66%. This was the Saturday group run and I ran most of the way with Hank and Chris (thanks, guys). I stopped my watch for the 2 hydration points because I wanted to know the actual running time. Total time was 1:16:11 -- a pace of 8:19.8 mpm.

We went to Dogwood Dell to start -- part of the downtown park complex that includes Dogwood Dell, Byrd Park, and Northbank Park -- and ran through some of the older, historic parts of Richmond. The course was relatively flat (well, except for the nasty hill when we went over I-195 at about mile 8.5).

Here's hoping that your run today is just as satisfying.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

2 comments:

paulmerrill said...

I'm not much of a runner - but I did ride my bicycle to my weekly accountability coffee with a brother this morning!

I love this time of year in North America.

Bob A said...

Biking, running, walking, swimming ... any of those are far, far superior to couch potatoing adn all care for the temple.