Thursday, May 1, 2008

Soreness (T.I.A.R.T.)


The Runners' Lounge sponsors a Take It and Run Thursday each week. Today's topic is not really a topic. Runners are submitting questions for the community to answer. Great idea and probably a thread that could keep us going for a long time. So, let me toss out mine -- similar to Tom's, maybe.

Why, after almost 5 solid years of running, do my legs still get so sore when I run 8 or more miles? Specifically, I think it's my hip adductors that get so sore. I've worked up to a run of 10-14 miles and have just hit that in the last 6-8 months. I don't run that long every week but only 2 out of 3 weeks or so. But those muscles still get really sore. Do I need to do some specific hip adductor strengthening exercises? Or, is it just normal to be sore after that many miles?

Run well, y'all,
Bob
Post a Comment