Wednesday, February 13, 2008

10K Training -- Half Mile Repeats

Raining and 34° in Richmond this morning. Since I'm not equipped for cold and wet, I headed to the YMCA to use the treadmill. Was supposed to do a tempo run today but do NOT want to try that on a treadmill. So, I decided to do next week's repeats which works well since I'll be in South Africa next week and don't know where I'd do the repeats there. Summary:
0.2 miles walking warmup (4.5 mph)
1.0 mile at easy 6.7 mph (8:54 mpm)
4 x 0.5 mile repeats at 9 mpm (6:40 mpm)
-->Between repeats: 3 x 0.25 mile jogs at 6.7 mph (8:54 mpm)
1.25 miles at 7-7.5 mph (8:00-8:34 mpm)

It wasn't too bad except for the last half-mile repeat and even that was doable. The advantage of the treadmill for repeats is that I have to stay on pace unless I wimp out and change the speed.

Run well, y'all,
Bob
Post a Comment