13 February 2008

10K Training -- Half Mile Repeats

Raining and 34° in Richmond this morning. Since I'm not equipped for cold and wet, I headed to the YMCA to use the treadmill. Was supposed to do a tempo run today but do NOT want to try that on a treadmill. So, I decided to do next week's repeats which works well since I'll be in South Africa next week and don't know where I'd do the repeats there. Summary:
0.2 miles walking warmup (4.5 mph)
1.0 mile at easy 6.7 mph (8:54 mpm)
4 x 0.5 mile repeats at 9 mpm (6:40 mpm)
-->Between repeats: 3 x 0.25 mile jogs at 6.7 mph (8:54 mpm)
1.25 miles at 7-7.5 mph (8:00-8:34 mpm)

It wasn't too bad except for the last half-mile repeat and even that was doable. The advantage of the treadmill for repeats is that I have to stay on pace unless I wimp out and change the speed.

Run well, y'all,
Bob

4 comments:

Topher said...

Have a safe trip. I'd love to go there someday, so PLEASE post lots of pictures. Please?

Nancy said...

Way to go, Romeo

Viv said...

Sweet repeats!
Travel safely, and please post some S. Africa pics. I have seen pics from W. Africa, and I har it is totally different.

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you getting your training done, I just came in from 10K in snow and very cold weather.

Stay safe in South Africa, keep us up to date.....

your friend in running,

Laurel (Lily)